|Main » 2009 » October » 6 » Perl 5.10.1 (Stable Release)
Perl 5.10.1 (Stable Release)
- Perl is a stable, cross platform programming language.
- It is used for mission critical projects in the public and private sectors.
- Perl supports both procedural and object-oriented programming.
- Perl supports Unicode.
- Perl is extensible. There are over 18,000 open source third party modules available from the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN).
- Perl works with HTML, XML, and other mark-up languages.
- Perls database integration interface (DBI) supports third-party databases including Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, MySQL and others.
- Perl interfaces with external C/C++ libraries through XS or SWIG.
- The Perl interpreter can be embedded into other systems.
- Perl is Open Source software, licensed under its Artistic License, or the GNU General Public License (GPL)
Views: 738 |
|« October 2009 »|
| || || || ||1||2||3|