The SeaMonkey project is excited to announce SeaMonkey 2.0 Alpha 3
today, another huge leap towards the next generation of the integrated application suite.
In addition to the changes in previous alpha releases, this version features
- a reworked history database for storing more visited pages, which also allows for improved and smarter presentation of search results when typing in the location bar,
- improved password management, enabling easier searching and no longer getting in the way of browsing any more as it now avoids popping up dialogs,
- fully customizable browser toolbars,
- a feature for crash recovery and restoration of previous sessions,
- and a large number of smaller improvements.
We welcome any and all discussions on this alpha on our newsgroups
, or you can even file a bug
if you find one. Be sure to check our Known Issues
prior to filing bugs.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Alpha 3 is available for free download
on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we'd like to encourage you to get involved
in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla
source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation