|Main » 2013 » December » 14 » Qt
Qt 5.2 released!
Author: Digia plc
Qt ("cute”) is a leading cross-platform application and UI development framework for leading desktop, embedded and mobile operating systems. Qt uses standard C++ and is widely used for developing software applications with a GUI and also for developing non-GUI applications with features such as file handling, database access, XML parsing, thread management and network support.
Qt’s powerful full-framework capabilities allows for the creation of highly-performing native applications as well as for hybrid development where the developer can choose which tools provide the best user experience.
- Qt Core [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Added class QCommandLineParser for command-line arguments parsing
- Added new overload to QObject::connect() to add a context object when connecting to a lambda
- Added new QStringRef methods; left, right, mid
- Added QLoggingCategory/qCDebug, qCWarning, … macros to configure what gets logged at runtime
- Added class QTimeZone to support time zones using IANA (Olson) time zone IDs
- Added support to QDateTime for new Qt::TimeSpec of Qt::TimeZone and Qt::OffsetFromUTC
- Added new class QCollator to provide advanced platform-based collation.
- Added more I/O redirection possibilities to QProcess
- Added iteration capability to containers in QVariantAdded dereferencing to QObject for smart pointers in QVariant
- Qt GUI [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Added applicationState() function and applicationStateChanged() signal to QGuiApplication.
- Added QOpenGLTexture class.
- Added endian-neutral RGBA8888 formats to QImage.
- Qt Widgets [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Added support for embedded clear button commonly used for item view filtering and side actions to QLineEdit
- Added methods based on QUrl to QFileDialog
- Added new QKeySequenceEdit class
- Restore session-management support from Qt4
- Restore basic startup-notification support on Unix
- Added placeholderText property to QTextEdit
- Added getMultiLineText static method to QInputDialog
- Added tabBarClicked and tabBarDoubleClicked signals to QTabBar
- Added replaceWidget in QLayout
- Added an option to have a checkbox in QMessageBox
- Added duration control on tooltips (e.g QWidget::setToolTipDuration)
- Added substring support to QCompleter
- Added buttonToggled signals to QButtonGroup
- Added retainSizeWhenHidden to QSizePolicy
- Added resizeContentsPrecision to QHeaderView
- Qt Print Support [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Added support to QPrintDialog for advanced CUPS features on Linux, including server-side page range selection, odd/even page selection, pages-per-sheet, job scheduling, and banner pages.
- Qt QML [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- New property on Qt.application: state.
- Can now define QML singletons with QML Files
- Can apply file selectors to support certain styles of cross-platform development
- qml binary runtime provides a supported method for launching QML-only applications
- New V4 JS engine
- Qt Quick [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- New Scenegraph Renderer, for improved performance
- Texture atlas support in SceneGraph
- SceneGraph now supports rendering to an OpenGL Core profile
- New animation types, called Animator, which can run animations on the the scene graph’s render thread.
- Support for external Drag and Drop
- Threaded render loop now uses one non-sharing OpenGL per window.
- Qt Quick Controls [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Added support for editable combo box
- Added support for multi selection in TableView
- Added support for setting columns movable in TableView
- Added Switch type
- Added BusyIndicator type
- Simplified deployment
- Qt Quick Dialogs [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Qt Quick Layouts [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Added baseline support to layout
- Qt Network [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- QNetworkAccessManager: add public methods to pre-TCP/pre-SSL-connect
- QSslConfiguration: add API to persist and resume SSL sessions
- SSL code: allow for debugging SSL traffic with Wireshark / tcpdump
- QNetworkConfiguration: add public member bearerTypeFamily()
- moc [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- added -M argument to add plugin metadata from the command line
- Accessibility [doc-snapshot.qt-project.org]
- Enabled accessibility on Mac
- Made the APIs public so that it is possible to implement accessibility for custom widgets
- Basic accessibility support for Android
- Qt WebKit
- CSS blending
- Context menus for HTML5 video
- Canvas Path object
- GeoLocation (with QtPositioning)
- Web Notifications
- Page Visibility API
- Threaded garbage collection
- Translation to Italian now available
Views: 6115 |